Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Protein Ideas

I was recently appalled when a relative of mine told me that she rarely ate protein. Not being a meat lover, she kept running short of ideas. Protein is a key fat buster. Your body needs it. So don't eat a single meal without protein!

Here is my list of healthy protein ideas:

  • Egg- any variation
  • Dry mung dal
  • Hummus
  • Chole or garbanzo beans
  • Sprouted green mung
  • Tuver dal
  • Quinoa Indian style Upma
  • Avocado
  • Nuts
  • Tofu
  • Peanut butter
  • Kidney beans salad
  • Black beans salad
  • Soy milk
  • Soy beans
  • Soy nuggets (available in Indian stores)
  • Whey powder
And of course meats and fish.

I plan on posting recipes for all of the above soon. If there is something you want to see first, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment