Monday, July 4, 2011

12 Staples

According to the Abs diet, there are 12 staple foods. Do I eat all of them every single day? Nope. I eat what I can. And there is some stuff in there that I don't really care for. But I try to include most of it in my daily diet. Here goes:

  1. Almonds and nuts
  2. Spinach and other green veggies
  3. Dairy product
  4. Peanut butter
  5. Turkey and lean meats
  6. Beans, legumes and lentils
  7. Olive oil
  8. Oatmeal
  9. Rasberries and other berries
  10. Whey Protein drink
  11. Eggs
  12. Whole grain breads
One of the best thing I learned is to combine food. Eat a handful of nuts with some raspberries. Mix and match. Treat every meal like a reverence to you body. How much good stuff can I cram in one meal?

Instead of the traditional diets where you deprive yourself of food and essentials, this is more like a celebration. Eat often. Small meals. Make the meals meaningful. Something you would enjoy and the body enjoys.

Good luck and keep me posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment