Dash of olive oil
1/2 cup yellow mung dal
Salt to taste
- Soak the Mung dal for 30 minutes or so.
- In a non-stick pan, heat oil and add the mustard seeds.
- Once they start crackling, add turmeric.
- Add the soaked mung dal with very little water.
- Add Chilli powder and salt.
- Cook on slow heat until the dal is well done. This should take approximately 20-30 minutes.
Tip: I cook 3-4 dals at one time, put them in small containers in the fridge. This makes assembling lunch easy when you are rushing to work.