So happy to report that I am losing inches with the abs diet. A coworker of mine recently not only complimented me but also asked me what exactly I was doing.
Compliments are good but when someone comes up to you and asks you, "what exactly are you doing? Tell me. I want to do it." That's when you know that your diet or lifestyle change is actually working.
I really like the abs diet but I am particular about what I eat. No way I am going to eat microwaved eggs. Or all that meat. I don't like bland food and had to actually CULTIVATE taste for fruits.
But... I am losing inches! In the right places and I feel so energized!
So here are some unconventional breakfast ideas that I want to share with you. The portions that I write are based on the amount I can eat. So modify it according to your appetite. Remember... The next meal is in 3 hours!
- Half a bagel with cream cheese, salmon, capers, green onions and sliced avocado.
- One slice of bread with peanut butter, honey and banana.
- Sliced avocado with olive oil and lemon juice dressing. Serving of cottage cheese.
- Anything taco. Stuff a tortilla with any leftover meats or beans. Add cheese or plain yogurt.
- Spinach omlette with one slice of toast.
- Asparagus fritata.
- Sprouted lentils pan fried in olive oil.
- Savory oatmeal. Oatmeal cooked in broth, with a dash of olive oil, soy sauce and green onions.
- Scrambled egg, cheese and refried bean taco. I assemble the tacos and pan toast it with a little butter. The cheese helps bind all the ingredients of the taco and this is the perfect "to go" b'fast food. Pack a little salsa with it.
- Leftover food. Pasta, rice, chicken, anything you eat for dinner, you can eat for breakfast. If you can eat breakfast for dinner, why not dinner for breakfast? Remember, you should consume most of the calories per meal for breakfast. It took me a while to change my mindset but I can now eat something like leftover pasta sauted with spinach, cottage cheese and tomatoes for breakfast.
OK. So some of these may not be unconventional. But some are. And in any case, I am trying to expand the kinds of food I eat. So there.
Do you have some breakfast ideas? You know the ones that don't include sugar? I would love to hear from you!